Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My sago palm trunk is mushy. I think scale is killing it.?

I have been battling white scale on one of my sagos for about 5 years, but I think it's getting the better of the sago.





The trunk is soft. Can I save it?

My sago palm trunk is mushy. I think scale is killing it.?
Cut off everything, from the trunk, uproot it


and check the root for life then transplant the


root in another spot with fertilizer in the hole


with water place the root in there cover it


with cow compost and soil and leave it to


itself to regrow, if the root still has life it will


show limbs eventually.
Reply:How does the rest of the palm look. Are the leaves starting to discolour/wilt etc? If its going soft it may well be starting to rot...its hard to say without seeing anything .


No comments:

Post a Comment