Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sago Palm not Blooming-How can I get it to bloom?

I cut off all the fronds from my Sago palm due to scale. The plant has not re-bloomed at the top but has many blooming pups at the base, so it is not dead. I have to do this several times due to scale and it always re-bloomed within a few months.


What should I do to get it to bloom at the top?


Should I leave the pups or harvest them?





Is there something I can do to prevent this horrible scale short of cutting off all of the fronds? I live in Florida.





Thanks for your help.

Sago Palm not Blooming-How can I get it to bloom?
I'm in S.C.%26amp; I have a saga palm %26amp; went through what you did with my palm. I heard about putting Dawn dish soap into a bucket of warm water %26amp; pouring it at the base of the saga palm. I did this %26amp; my saga is doing so much better. I will do this once monthly.This is supposed to be good for rose bushes too. I harvested the pups, as that's what I heard one should do.


No comments:

Post a Comment