Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sago Palms: I Need Advice?

Heres the deal. My husband bought this little palm from Longs drug store. It was, I think, $9.99 for this tiny little something or other that seemed to be doing just about nothing, until I transplanted it into a bigger pot.





Now I have three new " huge" frawns and the pineapple base to the plant has trippled in size... HERE'S THE QUESTION:





What do I do with the tiny little bulb thing that is sprouting a baby sago right next to my mommy sago pineapple thingy?





I think it would be so darned fun to have a second one, but when do I harvest it / separate it? So far it just has a little lime-green nubby poking out of the dirt. ----It's so cute!

Sago Palms: I Need Advice?
Ive attached a couple of websites about cycad propagation for your Cycas revoluta(sago). They are fairly easy to propagate, just time consuming and prone to fungus.


i think if you paint them with a fungicide and plant in a free draining soil you should be right.


No comments:

Post a Comment